Who We Are
A life sciences technology company driven to improve patient outcomes by accelerating human tissue-based research, development, and testing.
TriMetis, a pioneering tissue technology company with over two decades of experience, is revolutionizing the biospecimen sourcing landscape for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and life science companies. Our extensive expertise in obtaining high-quality biospecimens and data from various medical facilities empowers us to deliver top-notch biospecimens to scientific buyers. By harnessing cutting-edge cloud-based software, we have automated the workflow and processes using digital images, robust data, and artificial intelligence, eliminating manual handling of glass slides. This innovative technology is a game-changer for all solid tissue-based activities, leveraging Digital Images and Artificial Intelligence to eradicate inaccuracies and inconsistencies in laboratory workflows.
By streamlining routine analyses, technicians and pathologists can focus on critical, revenue-generating tasks. TriMetis' subscription-based SaaS solution is cloud-based, globally accessible, and offers 24/7/365 tissue analysis, drastically reducing time and costs. Our strategic partnerships with Salesforce.com, NVIDIA/AWS, Visiopharm/Microsoft Azure, and Iron Mountain ensure unsurpassed scale and reliability. Whether it's pathology groups, molecular profiling companies, clinical trials, contract research, biobanks, or tissue procurement companies, TriMetis is at the forefront of transforming tissue-based pathology and pathology-dependent businesses. Join us on this transformative journey!
President & Chief Executive Officer
Phil has decades of executive-level experience growing start-ups from foundation to over $100 million in value. He has a proven track record in starting, building, and running companies and divisions, as well as specializing in entrepreneurial leadership, strategic planning, software development, operations, information technology and financial reporting.
- Phil also serves as the Associate Vice Chancellor of Research and Business Development for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and the Executive Director of CTN2, a statewide clinical trials network established by the University of Tennessee Research Foundation.
- Prior to joining TriMetis he was the President of SCRI Global Services at Sarah Cannon Research Institute and Director of Life Sciences Product Management and Strategy at Oracle Corporation.
- Phil previously served as Vice President of Life Sciences at Memphis Bioworks Foundation.
Phil has a bachelor’s degree from Washington & Jefferson College with majors in Accounting and English. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Tennessee (inactive).
Phil and his wife, Rebecca, have 3 children; Anthony, Grace, and Lucas. When not a work, he can be found at a track or swim meet watching them compete.
Chief Operating Officer
Jon is a researcher at heart, having over 24 years of experience in the life sciences and 20 years of management in start-up biotech companies. He has created several companies, most recently co-founding FoundationBio, which is now part of TriMetis.
- Jon has served in academia and senior roles in the industry with University of Michigan, UCLA, Genelogic, Rosetta Inpharmatics, Asterand, and AdeptBio.
- While at Asterand Jon developed a successful Biobank that generated significant revenue for the company.
- Jon holds several certifications from the University of Michigan for Lean and Six Sigma and is a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Jon is listed on several publications and is the co-inventor and patent holder of several products.
Jon can be found in the TriMetis lab setting up biospecimen kits, consulting on collections and lab testing, or more likely balloon twisting—one of his many hobbies!
Chief Innovation Officer
Leif has over 25 years of experience in the life sciences industry. Prior to joining TriMetis, he co-founded FoundationBio, which is now part of TriMetis, and successfully built several life science start-ups.
- Leif has served in senior roles in several start-up life science companies in research biospecimen procurement, diagnostics, and M&A transactions, including the companies Digilab LLC, BioVisioN, GmbH, and Genomic Solutions, LLC.
- He is the inventor of and holds several patents in peptide research tools and renal insufficiency diagnostics.
- He continues to give back to the community through various charities by donating his time and expertise.
- He is currently a member of the Board of Visitors of the Kiski School, Director of Mumon Karate, and President of Rye Soccer Association.
Leif can be found helping clients further their research, meeting with our ever-growing team, or on the soccer field coaching!
Dr. John Pfeifer is a Professor of Pathology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, and is board certified in Anatomic Pathology and also Molecular Genetic Pathology. He has been a practicing surgical pathologist and molecular pathologist for over 30 years.
- Dr. Pfiefer has a long-standing interest in digital pathology and telepathology, specifically on the approaches and clinical settings in which the techniques provide independent information that increases diagnostic accuracy, can be used to guide therapy, or can increase operational efficiency. In support of these goals, Dr. Pfeifer led development of the WUPax software tool now in routine clinical use nationally to support primary histopathology diagnosis via telepathology and related workflows.
- Dr. Pfiefer's other main interests are centered on the role of molecular genetic testing in the analysis of tissue specimens, both for diagnosis and to guide therapy. Dr. Pfeifer helped lead the development of Genomics and Pathology Services at Washington University in St. Louis, a clinical NGS laboratory designed to support patient care, clinical trials, and translational research studies.
Manager, Biospecimen Procurement & Logistics
Dynelle has more than 15 years of experience in the life sciences with start-up biotech companies. She is a results-oriented leader able to reduce costs, boost productivity, streamline operations, manage projects, and motivate employees.
- Prior to joining TriMetis she served in operations at Asterand, where she managed a 400,000-specimen inventory as well as laboratory and shipping/receiving departments.
- Dynelle holds a certification for Lean Six Sigma from the University of Michigan.
Dynelle can be found coordinating with hospitals, clinics and specialists who are interested in expanding their role in research, implementing software testing for the online biospecimen marketplace, or gardening at home.
Director, Business Development
Pete Cestaro has over 20 years of sales and business development experience with world-class organizations in a variety of diverse industries. He is always pushing the creative envelope in his work and finding new and innovative ways to increase sales and revenue.
- Pete spent the first portion of his career working for FedEx Corporation, selling logistic services to large accounts in Manhattan. In the evenings he pursued and completed his MBA. He spent the next phase of his career working in Business Development for a tech start-up, where he uncovered partnership opportunities, outlined a sales strategy, and negotiated deals. Prior to his role at TriMetis, Pete worked in Business Development for Johnson & Johnson, focusing on the pharmaceutical market.
- Pete has performed as a standup comedian for many years in New York City and at venues throughout the country.
- After graduating Cumberland University on a full baseball scholarship, Pete played two seasons in the minor leagues.
Pete currently lives in Bridgehampton, NY with his girlfriend Kerianne. When they aren’t working, they can be found surfing, playing golf, or walking their dogs on the beach.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Kaitlynn Clement has over 9 years of Design, Marketing, and Brand Management experience with a variety of companies and clients across diverse industries. With a brand-centric mindset, she fosters continuous innovation and the evolution of a brand’s unique identity while staying up-to-date with current trends.
- Kaitlynn has worked with several companies and clients including Beachbody, Showtime, Cay Skin, and Bagatelle International Inc., as well as brands in the music, media, nonprofit, consumer goods, food and beverage, maritime, and biotech industries. Her work ranges from Graphic, Web, and Motion Design to Advertising, Marketing & Brand Management.
- Her extensive experience includes collaborating with clients to develop and execute brand identities, product packaging, website layouts, motion graphics, audience growth, and marketing campaigns. Through her ability to manage projects from conception to completion, along with her dedication to delivering high-quality results, Kaitlynn has consistently demonstrated exceptional marketing and design skills and adaptability, delivering creative services to a wide range of clients.
- Kaitlynn studied Graphic Design with a minor in Art History at Loyola University New Orleans on a full scholarship, with a summer study abroad in Paris under her belt.
Kaitlynn can be found updating the website, drafting our next campaign, and creating compelling graphics and videos, or traveling, seeing live music, and buying books and records at the local bookshop.
See How Else We Can Help
Our technologies have many applications. Let’s take a look at how they might serve your specific role or organization.